Surcie

A Little Treat, Just Because

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Ode to Jo Jo

Doodlebug and I sat on a flowery area rug in Pottery Barn Kids (I know. How very caucasian of us.) and waited for Singing Lady with Guitar (not her real name) to begin a performance for the gathered moms and tots. Nearby, a little girl pulled a "Jo Jo" doll out of her mom's diaper bag. Doodlebug instantly pointed and asked me, "Doh Doh? Doh Doh?" My kid adores Miss Jo Jo Tickle, star of "Jo Jo's Circus" on The Disney Channel. I barely open the door to retrieve him after his naps when he's asking, "Up-pa-pa? Doh Doh? Up-pa-pa," because he can't wait to go upstairs and watch Ti-Voed episodes of the show. He clearly wanted to touch and hug the little girl's doll, but he doesn't yet understand the whole concept of No, That's Not Yours. So, I did what I always do when it looks like things could get ugly in Toddlerville--distract. But then the little girl's mom and the mom's friend had to go and sing the theme song to Jo Jo's Circus: "Hey, hey! It's Jo Jo's Circus! Jo Jo, Jo Jo's Circus! Hey, everyone! It's time for Jo Jo's Circus!" (There's more, but this is all I can muster.) It was strangely comforting to hear them sing, actually. If my brain is liquifying, it's good to know I'm not alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home