Surcie

A Little Treat, Just Because

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Birthday Greetings

Between my dad's birthday, which was March 31st, and my husband's, which is Saturday, I can report that I've reviewed Hallmark's entire line of Birthday Cards for Dads. And let me tell you, it's baaaaad.

These are two of my, er, "favorites:"
For a dad who loves to work with his hands. . . (Open to find a bandaid.)

Dad, I was going to wash your car for your birthday, but since you always say, "If you want something done right, do it yourself. . ." (Open to find a miniature yellow sponge.)

The rest of the cards are for the dad who:
1.) works hard by fixing things, mowing the yard, or going fishing; or
2.) doesn't give up control of the remote from the comfort of his recliner.

Hallmark needs to employ some writers who:
1.) actually know their dad
2.) don't hate their dad, and
3.) don't use Archie Bunker as their inspiration for the Archetypal Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home