Surcie

A Little Treat, Just Because

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Why I *heart* XM Radio

The 70's channel is my absolute favorite. In the car, Sweet Potato was doing his regular I HATE WEARING THIS FREAKIN' JACKET WHILE STRAPPED IN THE CAR SEAT routine (his yelling, not mine), and his "Veggie Tales" CD wasn't helping matters. Since I could stand Bob the Tomato no longer, I switched the stereo over to satellite radio. Dobie Gray's "Drift Away" was just beginning to play:

Give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock 'n' roll and drift away. . .

I sang at the top of my lungs. Ultimately, that probably only encourages the boy to do the same thing. But he quieted down immediately. And then, sans commercial interruption, "Me and You and a Dog Named Boo" (by Lobo) was next. Sweet Potato bobbed his head to the beat (yes, this white boy's got rhythm) and sucked his thumb. Thank you, Jesus.

1 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger future butterfly said...

Drift Away is my all-time favorite song in the whole entire world. :) (Dobie's version, not anybody else's. All covers of Drift Away should be outlawed. It's just wrong. That includes American Idol contestants.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home