Surcie

A Little Treat, Just Because

Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Itsy Bitsy ARGH!

I may very well be the only Suburban American Mother who doesn't know the official finger motions to The Itsy Bitsy Spider.

It's the spider's going-up-the-waterspout moves that I have trouble with. I wing it. I'm all fingers. Once we get to "down came the rain," I'm good. Even Cutekin has mastered that. "And washed the spider out" is a no-brainer, too. I'm above average as far as "out came the sun and dried up all the rain" is concerned. But then that darned persistent spider has to make another acscent.

I should point out that this is not a reflection on my mother. I know I learned the routine as a youngster. I just don't remember how the spider is supposed to crawl. Therefore, I can't adequately teach this rhyme to my OWN child. And when you're sitting in a circle with other moms who CAN perform the spider's moves. . .Well, thank God he's too young to be embarassed by his mother.

1 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The spicer goes up the water spout by your fingers crawling mid air and then Wash is like a swooshing motion!
Do you need my Barney tape for you and not for little cutekins?
giggle
Hula

 

Post a Comment

<< Home