Surcie

A Little Treat, Just Because

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Music to Mum's Ears!

When I opened the front door to get the mail, a leaf blew in. I didn't pick it up. I left it for Doodlebug, who was standing next to me. As I stood at the dining room table sorting the mail, he walked up behind me. "Mum?" he said. When I turned and asked, "What, honey?" (my heart filled with glee) he handed me the leaf and returned to his vacuuming.

Why is this remarkable? Because this child's favorite word, as long as he could speak, has been Da-da. He has long known that my "name" is Mama, but he has preferred not to use it. And why should he when pointing, grunting, or screaming would do?

1 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does a heart good mom! *sniff
Hula Doula

 

Post a Comment

<< Home