Surcie

A Little Treat, Just Because

Friday, January 14, 2005

He's small and smart and round. . .

. . .the swellest kid around!

Monkeyman's favorite new game is one he created. He points at an object and says, "Dis" so that we will tell him the name of that object. Then he quickly points to another object. Last night, before Daddy put him to bed, I cuddled Monkeyman on the sofa and sang Twinkle Twinke Little Star, just as I always do, while he swigged milk from his bottle. (And yes, he still takes a bottle, thankyouverymuch, but we are in the weaning process, and the nighttime bottle will be the last one to go. Anyway. . .) He decided he wanted to play Dis with my face. "Dis." Mama's nose. "Dis." Eye. "Dis." Hair. "Dis." Hair (on other side of head). "Dis" Hair (on forehead). "Dis!" FINGER UP MAMA'S NOSE! He squealed with delight knowing his plan had worked. What a stinker. Takes after his father.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snicker
I'm with you on the bottle thing. HB is now 2 1/2. He took a bottle until he was 16 months. Then we did only night feedings. I couldn't give up my nigh night baa baa!! LOL! It's the only time he sat still! We did finally give it up right after he turned 2. It was hard. I miss the snuggle time. I tried it with a cup and it's just not the same. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home