Surcie

A Little Treat, Just Because

Thursday, January 27, 2005

He Gets It

Little Bug's favorite restaurant is an asian-fusion joint where the waitresses are young, cute, and love to make a big fuss over His Darlingness. Though the entrees aren't particularly good, we like to take him there because it makes him happy (that's what I live for, really), and it's the only place where he'll eat meat. (And the cocktails are good; but he doesn't know that yet.)

Bug and Daddy had nearly polished off their chicken teriyaki skewers and I was nursing a (much-deserved, thankyaveramuch) cosmo when the boy suddenly became aware of the music playing in the restaurant. Immediately, he looked at me with eyes wide and a smile that asked, "Ohmygosh, do you hear that?" Then he began bobbing his head and singing lyrics from his favorite songs--everything he could come up with: "Nummy nummy nummy!* OOO wee-oh-wee-oh! OOO wee-oh-wee-oh!** Leedleedleedle!***" (Repeat randomly.)

I chimed in: "Our love will climb any mountain. Near or far, we are, and we never let it end. We are devotion."

The song to which we sang duet was "Guilty" by Barbra Streisand and Barry Gibb--an album I own and know by heart. The funny thing is, Bug had never heard that song before. But he loved it immediately and felt compelled to sing. Daddy wasn't quite as impressed as I, but some people just don't get the whole Streisand/Gibb thing.

*"Fruit Salad" (the Wiggles)
**"Hot Potato" (the Wiggles)
***"A Bushel and a Peck" (Me--and "Guys and Dolls")

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

There is no doubt now in my mind that doddlebug is indeed the man for my girl! He KNOWS good music when he hears it, and more importantly, he know GIBB music when he hears it. Since my girl has been raised on Gibb music, they are a match!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

There is no doubt now in my mind that doddlebug is indeed the man for my girl! He KNOWS good music when he hears it, and more importantly, he knows GIBB music when he hears it. Since my girl has been raised on Gibb music, they are a match!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home